Increase Yield and Reduce Crop Damage
Farmers are turning to small fixed-wing airplanes, quadcopters and multi-bladed small helicopters equipped with cameras to fly over fields and examine farm conditions. With hundreds of acres in various states of growth and fallow or populated with grazing livestock, farmers need to constantly be aware of what is happening on their land.
The introduction of drone technology in agriculture is allowing farmers to gather large amounts of data more cost effectively so they can react to conditions faster. Some of the drone applications for agriculture include:
- Monitoring of irrigation lines and drought/flood conditions
- Soil variations and erosion
- Pest or fungal infestations
- Livestock health, grazing location and population counts
- Post storm and environmental impact evaluation
- Infrared detection of crop conditions
- Effectiveness of automated harvesting, irrigation and feeding equipment
Using Drone Intelligence in Agriculture
By deploying drones and capturing imagery to evaluate farm conditions, farmers are better equipped to reduce pesticide use, save water with more targeted irrigation and take faster action when inclement weather or other environmental impacts affect their farms. To learn more about how drones can help your agricultural operation, call us toll-free at 866-FLY-UAVs (866-359-8287). Our expert pilots and instructors can help you choose the right drone equipment for your land and help you organize the captured data so you can manage your farm better.